It's reasonable to ask why I would be kicking off this weeks journal suggesting we admire our shoes. For starters I love shoes and there aren't enough days in the week to wear the shoes I love.
Giving consideration to the footwear selection of the day brings with it a little excitement and the final piece to complete the total look.
Shoes have meaning for me. They build confidence, provide me the elevation, the balance and certainty to step forward. Is it a slim heel, chunky heel or a platform kinda day? Go a millimetre too high and it's shaky ground.
Some people choose to skip the heels all together opting for a stylish flat or a cool pair of sneakers. Shoes provide protection and comfort, built for a purpose and then there's decoration.
Like choosing a pair of shoes, every decision we make, big or small has an effect, somehow, somewhere.
I love this quote I stumbled across.
It's relevant to those moments when I'm busy in my head potentially losing sight of my vision. Like going for a walk looking down rather than up and ahead. Seems like it's worthwhile buying a fancy pair of runners for those times when I catch myself looking down, serving as a trigger to admire my shoes, smile and shift my gaze to be up and through a panoramic lense.
Today for something a little different and inspired by a quirky quote, I sought out quotes from famous women to strike a cord, to inspire, or to push the reset button if that's required. I love these and hope you find some magic in the collection for yourself.
13 QUOTES FROM FAMOUS WOMEN
- ''I don't go by the rule book, I go by my heart not my head.'' - Princes Diana
- ''Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.'' - Oprah
- ''Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it.'' - Maya Angelou
- ''The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.'' - Ayne Rand
- ''I'm not afraid, I was born to do this.'' - Joan of Arc
- ''Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.'' Mother Theresa
- ''Success isn't about how much money you make, it's about the difference it makes in people's lives.'' - Michelle Obama
- ''Being powerful is like being a lady. If people have to tell you, you aren't.'' - Margaret Thatcher
- ''You only live once, do it right, once is enough.'' - Mae West
- ''Self awareness is probably the most important thing to being a champion.'' - Billie Jean King
- ''Dreaming after all is a form of planning.'' - Gloria Steinem
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
Next time you find yourself dropping your gazing, caught in thought, admire your shoes, stand tall and take the next step towards your goal.
If you are inspired through reading this post, I’d be so appreciative if you would share it with a friend or Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. xx
Till next week :)
PS. If anyone has a shoe size to match mine I have a shoe boot looking for a new home. Incredible to look at, challenging for me to do much more than stay in one spot. They will be perfect for someone!