HOW TO BE IN-TOUCH WITH YOUR BIG PICTURE.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ACHIEVE THEIR BIG GOALS?
There is so much learned on the topic and like you I've read, participated and experienced a lot of stuff that's opened my eyes and continues today.
So how do we be and stay on purpose? As it happens for many years now, tucked inside my diary, is a booklet I have treasured with a few distinctions you may find value in too.
Over the next four weeks I'll be sharing with you what's worked for me, guiding me to direct events in my life rather than life events directing me. And like you, I've had the taste of being on the other side – adrift and unsure of 'where to' – fortunately not for long and unsettling all the same.
Be it financial, business, career, family or personal goals, stretch, reach and strive for your dreams with a light and bright touch and without the struggle.
This week the first of 4 POWERFUL TIPS to move you closer to achieving your goals.
SET POWERFUL GOALS - the beacons that light the way
- Write the goals as if it were now, not the future. It's been proven that people who write their goals down achieve far more than those who don't.
- Make the goals specific and measurable with a date, so you'll know what you're aiming for and when you've scored.
- List the reasons as to why you want the goal, big or small.
- Ensure your goals are big and challenging enough, while attainable.
- Reflect in your goals what it is you value in life – freedom, fun, great health, adventure, wealth. Going against your values brings no joy and more often won't work.
- Ensure your goals are big enough to be rewarding, stretching and growing your ability to a new level. Where there is no challenge, you pay get bored and give up.
- Set your goals to inspire you and then own it one hundred percent – it's yours.
- Consider what you may have to be give up to have this like some favourite foods, hobbies, family time. Are you willing to do this?
- Speak your goals out loud and gauge the emotions that come up – are you excited and inspired or have that sinking feeling? If the goal isn't right then restate it.
Set your sights on what you want to achieve this year.
Here's another opportunity to get moving, put pen to paper, then next week tune in for the second in the series of 4 Powerful Tips.